Saturday, January 15, 2011

East Norfolk

I will update this later - but what a great days birding I added 27 to the year list including a lifer (and I dont care if BOU accept it or not!) Ross's Goose yah! great!
Raptors - Kestrel, Sparrowhawk, pair of Peregrines! Marsh Harriers (lots!) a ringtail - Hen harrier and a very cheeeky Merlin who actually buzzed us at the raptor watchpoint at Stubbs Mill(twice!) in the gathering gloom!
Geese yup! lots and lots
White fronted and a Lesser WF Geese, Taiga Bean Geese, Barnacle and Pinkfeet.
plus Greylags and canada's!


I drove and we walked miles at Buckenham Marshes to Cantley Marshes - most of it on very muddy and slippy river bank so called paths!
I am knackered!

I will watch Match of the day now and go to bed.

Leaving Bobs tomorrow at 8.30 to go to Dungeness.
We have some target birds and we expect some bonus birds!
Happy Eagle!

No comments: