Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Nesting owls swoop on dog walkers

This is for my North American friends (and any one else outside of UK) as you will have missed this.
Recently I heard about some nesting Eagle Owls in Lancashire (we have had Eagle Owls nesting in the NE before)- these were originally escapes but seem to be able to rear their young sucessfully.

Then on the pager the other day came the news "Collie Dog taken"!!
I waited for the BBC to gather the news and to my relief see it wasn't "taken" to the nest as my imagination had run riot!!

There had been warnings so what this "dog lover was doing...goodnesss knows!

click on the title to read all about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another interesting article - I would go there just to see the owls - they are the largest owls I believe. Love to see that but would not want to get attacked and taken to the nest!!