Sunday, August 21, 2011

Catch up with year list.


What an interesting August! I return to see I have missed a couple of nice year ticks.

White-rumped Sandpiper at Snettisham and another white bird - a WWBT at Grafham Water and then a trip across Essex to see the Sub-alpine Warbler a pretty littlebird!

But finally a bird I have dipped more times than I care to recall - I even missed one in Canada in 2004 (I was looking in one direction on a pelagic and it flew in another and it wasn't called out - I found out much later!)a Sabine's Gull - great.

I cant link - the Christchurch Harbour Ornithologist Group has some superb images....

I shall post one here which shows the lovely gull in flight with thanks to Jimmy Main.I shall attempt to get permission as I find their photographs really show the details of this bird who appears to be aged as a 1st Winter - altho it was reported as an adult.
More importantly for me - this is my 400th UK species (BOU).


1 comment:

Kite1035 said...

Sorr I am a bit late but well done on reaching your 400