Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Swan at Slimbridge in December








Well lets have another go!

I took this Swan at Slimbridge about 4.20pm on Saturday 6th Dec in the last rays of the light.I have cropped the swimming swan as I was trying for reflection.
The flying swan was just lucky - a bird just happened to flying in from the fields and I tracked it I took two shots, this was the one I liked best.
As ever I forgot to start with the last photo so these are not in the right order...I will do better next time.
I have a couple of Goldeneye photo's but I need to do something with one of the male as it is too dark. Have to wait until I can sort out photoshop! (Thats scary as I usually only crop!)

Anyway any good shots and its thanks to a few helpful hints from Andy Rouse (in the seminar) any rubbish shots thats down to me!

2 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Some lovely pics there C. Especially the "head only" of the swans - great detail, you must be pleased with them.

Eagleseagles said...

Thanks Tricia!

I was very pleased with the head shots.
I was trying to use the light properly.

I think I prefer the last shot, but I really like the pinkish sun on the
one before - I am learning.

Need to get out in the sunlight first thing or last again soon.